I am a professional, accredited counsellor, qualified to help and support you with most issues. I offer a range of different psychological therapies to suit your needs: psychotherapy, counselling, mentoring and life coaching.
I understand that everyone can go through difficult times in life and we all can benefit from support in handling these challenges. I can help by offering you a relaxed, safe and confidential therapeutic space to explore issues that may be troubling you in a caring, accepting and non-judgemental way.
In difficult situations I aim to help you to:
- Understand your problems, feelings, thoughts and actions more clearly.
- Clarify any confusion you may have
- Feel more control in your life
- Cope with your life more easily
- Approach life with a clearer mind
- Move forward with your life
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified accredited UKCP Clinical Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and a registered member of the BACP. I have completed training on a Psychotherapeutic Counselling course accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, and have a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy with Newman University. I have extensive experience working for counselling and mental health services including, GP Surgeries, mental health day centres, counselling charities and in my own private practice- Counselling Talking Therapy.
My additional and specialist training includes work related stress, anger issues, bereavement, depression, low mood, anxiety, relationship difficulties, loneliness and low confidence, mental health issues, Macmillan Cancer training, Armed Forces, domestic violence, and sexual violence and abuse. Please see my website for a more extensive list.
I have 15 years working in the education sector, providing teaching and mentoring for young people.
I work as a specialist mentor and counsellor for students at a local university.
£25 initial assessment
£45 individual session for counselling or psychotherapy
£40 specialist mental health mentoring
£40 life coaching
I offer short and long term counselling or psychotherapy appointments.
Counselling is for short term issues. I recommend a minimum of 6 weeks
- Helps people identify problems and crises and encourages them to take positive steps to resolve these issues.
- It is the best course of therapeutic treatment for anyone who already has an understanding of wellbeing, and who is also able to resolve problems.
- Counselling is a short-term process that encourages the change of behaviour.
Psychotherapy is often used for drawing insight into deeper emotional difficulties and looks at the foundation of the problem- a minimum of 20 sessions. I teach skills to help you manage difficult emotions more effectively and help with psychological problems that have built up over the course of a long period of time.
I can support you in choosing the best course of therapy:
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies (focusing on the way people think and behave)
- Psychoanalytic therapies (looking at how past experiences affect the present)
- Humanistic therapies (with a focus on self-development and growth)
- Arts therapies (using the creative arts in a therapeutic way)